3 lbs. of yellow squash (you could also use zucchini)
7 oz. can of green chilies
1 can Eagle Brand Sweet Condensed milk
2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers
1. Slice the onion and put in the large pot.
2. Slice the squash and also add to the pot.
3. Add enough water to cover the top of the vegetables and boil for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft but not fully cooked.
4. Strain the water out of the squash, and allow the squash to cool – this is very important. If you add in the egg before it cools you’ll end up with scrambled eggs in your casserole.
5. Add 2 cups cheddar cheese into the squash, the canned green chilies (undrained), the can of Eagle Brand sweet condensed milk, the butter and three eggs. Stir. Add about a tablespoon of black pepper and garlic salt.
6. Pour into a large greased pan. Pour extra cheddar cheese on the top and cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
7. After you take the squash out of the oven, pour crushed Ritz crackers on top, and put it back in the oven for an additonal 10 minutes.